ShareThis

Coronavirus Update from Stewart Stevenson MSP

>> 17 March 2020


Statement and Q&A from the First Minister of Scotland

In line with advice provided by scientists to the Chief Medical Officer and the First Minister, as someone over 70 years of age, I am obliged to restrict my physical contact with others. I have been asked to stay at home and not attend Parliament for the time being.

This does not mean that I will be distancing myself from providing assistance to my constituents but does mean that for the time being we are not scheduling face to face surgeries and I shall not be attending public events.

The over 70s and vulnerable groups are also advised not to use public transport. However, I have concluded that with trains now running very empty it will be reasonably proper for me to travel offpeak home to Banffshire. Although I shall be in isolation at home I remain in contact with my staff and available by phone, text and email to them and to my constituents.

NHS24.scot is the first port of call for anyone who feels unwell or needs advice. In relation to the Cororavirus they are currently saying:
If you've developed a cough or fever in the last 7 days, stay at home for 7 days from the day your symptoms started.
Only phone your GP or 111 if your symptoms are severe.
Visit the coronavirus (COVID-19) page on NHS inform for the latest advice or phone 0800 028 2816.
I will update this page as required but as I am not qualified to provide medical advice. I shall assist you to find assistance or advice relevant to your personal situation.

In relation to social media comment, be careful! On Twitter trust only accounts which are marked as being verified. That is indicated by a blue spiky circle with a white tick which immediately follows the Account Name. Here's an example:
Be cautious where you do not immediately recognise the individual or organisation. It may even be a scam. Simply do not give any information away to false sites or in response to unsolicited telephone calls or emails.



**Message updated at 15:19 hrs, Tuesday, 17th March**


Post a Comment

Article Archive (click on down arrow)



The editors of this web site do not gather,
use or retain any cookie data.
fios ZS is a name registered in Scotland for Stewart Stevenson
© 2008-2024
Aberdeenshire
Scottish National Party

Contact admin @ aberdeenshiresnp.info
for permission to use material from here
Promoted by Duncan Gill on behalf of Aberdeenshire SNP, c/o The SNP, 3 Jackson’s Entry, Edinburgh, EH8 8PJ

There is no cost to the public purse arising from the preparation and publishing of this web site which is hosted without charge by blogger.com.

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP