ShareThis

SNP Announce Stephen Smith as Candidate for Peterhead South & Cruden Ward

>> 30 March 2022

The Scottish National Party has announced its candidate for the Peterhead South & Cruden ward of Aberdeenshire Council.

Sitting councillor Stephen Smith has been reselected to contest the Ward. Married with one son, Stephen lives in Cruden Bay and worked for the Clydesdale Bank in Peterhead, Cruden Bay and Hatton after leaving Peterhead Academy. He was elected to Aberdeenshire Council in 2007, 2012 and again in 2017. He currently serves as Depute Leader of the SNP Group on the council.

Commenting on his re-selection, Cllr Stephen Smith said:

“It’s been a privilege to serve my home area as a councillor and I offer myself again for election. During my time as a councillor, I’ve made myself available regularly in all communities and have worked hard to drive forward key projects such as securing a new academy for Peterhead, helping bring a new cinema to the town centre, and getting funding for new bridges in Cruden Bay and Hatton.

“I will always try to assist where I can and work across party lines to get the best outcomes locally. I hope to be given the opportunity to continue to do my best for the local community as their SNP councillor on 5th May.”

Post a Comment

Article Archive (click on down arrow)



The editors of this web site do not gather,
use or retain any cookie data.
fios ZS is a name registered in Scotland for Stewart Stevenson
© 2008-2024
Aberdeenshire
Scottish National Party

Contact admin @ aberdeenshiresnp.info
for permission to use material from here
Promoted by Duncan Gill on behalf of Aberdeenshire SNP, c/o The SNP, 3 Jackson’s Entry, Edinburgh, EH8 8PJ

There is no cost to the public purse arising from the preparation and publishing of this web site which is hosted without charge by blogger.com.

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP